Re: [NSW] Today's signal failure?

Greg <cannabis@medicine.man> wrote in message
moq76.219$F75.9633957@news.xtra.co.nz">news:moq76.219$F75.9633957@news.xtra.co.nz...

> "Chris Downs" <cvdowns@ozemail.com.au> wrote in message
> wEf76.454$Ea4.19899@ozemail.com.au">news:wEf76.454$Ea4.19899@ozemail.com.au...
> > It was announced at Penrith this afternoon at 1730 that some down trains
> were
> > late due to a signal failure but no details were given.  The 1718
> Springwood
> > service was 12' late and the 1731 Mt Vic was 14' late.  Suburban services
> > seemed even later.
> >
> > Any details on what the problem was?
> >
> > Chris
> >
> 12 and 14 foot late?
> HAHAHAHHA

A revelation!  Does that mean my CMA topographic maps now give longitude and
latitude in degrees, feet and inches, and metric measures really weren't
intruduced in '73 (damn there it is again)?

By the way is it an apostrophe or an inverted comma - or does it just happen
to have more than one name and more than one use?

Chris