Re: [NSW] Signal failure at Nth Sydney

In article <3a5bbb25@news.iprimus.com.au>,
  "Russell" <russelln@iprimus.com.au> wrote:
> http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/story_6950.asp
>
> Russ.

Arrived at Chatswood Station around 8am just as a City service was
leaving. Waited on the extremely crowded platform for about 18 minutes
with very few announcements except 'Expect delays'. When a T set
finally arrive it was filled to capacity and started off up the line.
Before Artarmon the guard annonced that the train would terminate at St
Leonards and busses would transfer passengers to the city. At St
Leonards there was a mass exodus up to the concourse and huge crowds of
people waiting to get out of the ticket barriers. Took the opportunity
to take a photo (I decided against joining the queue. Passengers were
jumping over the barriers under the guidence of CityRail staff. Why
weren't the gates opened? After 10 minutes they ended up opening them
and suddenly the crowd was straight through painlessly. The number of
people waiting for buses was huge so I decided to head back to the
platform where the train I arrived on was still standing. About 10
minutes later an announcment was made that services would resume and
within a minute the train headed off with very few passengers. Had a
clear run into the city on a very quiet service. Everyone was off the
platforms waiting for busses! I got into Central before I would have
been able to get on a bus.

All the trains I was catching were delayed for the rest of the day.
Especially on the Main North line. The AS Hornsby service that comes
through Epping at 10:59am was 25 minutes late.

Thanks to everyone for their suggestions for things to do in Sydney.
Getting caught in a major delay wasn't one of them but I did it anyway!

Cheers,
Michael "hagiss" Pfeiffer

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/