Re: Railway Digest Jan 2001

"John Dennis" <jdennis@acslink.net.au> wrote in message
93mqbr$4e1$1@nnrp1.deja.com">news:93mqbr$4e1$1@nnrp1.deja.com...
> In article <93mpvr$443$1@nnrp1.deja.com>,
>   James C. <james_ccj@my-deja.com> wrote:
> > What do you think of  January 2001 Railway Digest's new look?
>
> Dunno.  I'm only a subscriber.  That apparently means I get my issues
> later than those who buy from newsagents.
>
> --
> John Dennis
> Home of the Dutton Bay Tramway

Haven't seen it yet either, I'm also a subscriber.   Yesterday got my
Railway World magazine from England - the FEBRUARY edition (whoops I
SHOUTED).  I guess Digest could take the publishing stance many magazines do
and put their issues out many weeks in advance of cover date, but personally
I feel this is taking things a bit far.  No doubt the newsagency
distribution system is a bit faster than Australia Post, particularly when
items are sent at bulk mail rates. If we were prepared to pay priority
postage for Digest, rather than "off peak" then we might receive them ahead
of newsagents.

regards

David Bennetts
Bowral