Re: (Vic) Re outer Loop line

Hi Guys,

The section between Roayl Park and Nth Fitzroy was still operated as a
goods only line well past the Aug 1981 date that Roger mentioned.

Fitzroy Goods yard serviced a Briquette Depot, a timber yard, and a
public siding well into the mid 80's

In 1983 I had the dubious honour of "placing" an RY off the end of the
No:1 track, over the baulks and onto the footpath in Queens Pde when a
coupler broke on the rake I was making up when running the Fitzroy
Pilot!

My memory is a little hazy but I think the last goods ran sometime in
1985 or 86

The Chandler Hwy bridge over the Yarra river is another bit of the
Outer Circle still in existence. (Although it is now a road bridge,
not rail)

Hope this helps,

Cheers,

Mick Molloy