Re: VIC - Platform Trivia - My Answers....

> 1) In the Melbourne Electrified area (excluding city loop stations and
> Flemington Racecourse) where (and how long) is:
> - The Longest Platform?
Sunshine, platform 1 is 205m long. Followed by Sth Yarra P1 and 2 (176m) and
Hawthorn P3 (174m)

> - The Shortest Platform?
Essendon P1 is 135m (St Albans P1 is only 131m, but since that isn't on the
suburban network yet, it doesn't really count).

> 2) Which heavy rail line has the shortest average platform length in the
> Melbourne metro area?
Sandringham (average 146m).
I didn't include the Stony Point line, but if I did, then the combined
Frankston/Stony Point line would have been shorter (average 132m)

> 3) What is the shortest platform in Victoria with a regular passenger rail
> service currently scheduled to stop there?
Leawarra (44m) followed by Morradoo (52m).

> 4) Name 2 Melbourne stations where the platforms don't all face the same
> direction (and I don't mean when 1 is curved the other is not, I mean the
> tracks go off on different angles).
Brighton Beach
Footscray

> 5) Name a Victorian station (formerly a V/Line station, now on the
suburban
> network) where services have been suspended, then resumed.
Cranbourne (Stony Point was never closed, neither was Epping).

Hope someone enjoyed!!

Sam