Re: [Sydney] Day Rover's dead, Day Tripper's here

Bernard Smith <epping.smiths@bigpond.com> wrote in message
HSU76.2303$65.15067@newsfeeds.bigpond.com">news:HSU76.2303$65.15067@newsfeeds.bigpond.com...
> "Chris Downs" <cvdowns@ozemail.com.au> wrote in message
> E0M76.151$FC1.6210@ozemail.com.au">news:E0M76.151$FC1.6210@ozemail.com.au...
> > There's an ad in today's SMH (p30) for the new Day Tripper ticket.
> >
> > $13.00 ($6.50 children).  No mention of other concessions.
>
> Funny, it was $11 last week.
>
> At $11, would it have undercut a (peak) return from Richmond?
>
> (City Rail fare calculator not working at the moment.)

Weird.. I bought a DayRover on the 29th November and it was $17.60 O/P (I've
still got it).

Today my g./f and I got a DayTripper for $13 each, then caught the train from
Morisset to Central (don't worry, got a Morisset-Cowan return as well),
changed to a City Circle train and got off a St James.  Put the ticket in the
machine, it didn't work (Retry Fault 008 came up on the barrier).  Tried my
g/f's.. it didn't work (same thing).. gave it to the attendant.. he said the
strip was faulty.. but wouldn't redo them.. would have come in handy over the
day.

Al