Re: Observant?

abp <abp@ihug.com.au> wrote in message
93that$h01$1@bugstomper.ihug.com.au">news:93that$h01$1@bugstomper.ihug.com.au...

> David Johnson <trainman@ozemail.com.au> wrote in message
> 3A605406.9722A483@ozemail.com.au">news:3A605406.9722A483@ozemail.com.au...
> > What is very interesting about Sydney trailer car T4949?
> >
> > --
> > David Johnson
> > trainman@ozemail.com.au
> > http://www.ozemail.com.au/~trainman/
> > ------------------------------------
>
> It was involved in the Cronulla Derailment last year and had it's roof
> peeled open like a tin can. After being repaired at Goninans Broadmeadow
> this car returned to service just prior to the Olympics. A short time ago it
> was sent to Goninans Maintrain for repairs because the roof was found to be
> leaking (Well Done Goninans) and has subsequently returned back to service
> in the middle of Set R9!!!!

Not the 1st time either.  I was sorting some of my old man's photos yesterday
and came across a photo of T4868 with it's roof sliced open for half the car's
length (T4868 looked and must have been brand new).  It had been on the down
line at Liverpool station when d/e 4535 & 23 wagons rear ended an 8 car single
deck set at about 50km/h on the up line at 0130 on 31/10/65.  The Tullock DD
trailer was the least of it however - the last two cars of the train that was
rammed (C3??? & T4334) were over 90% telescoped (causing the damage the
adjacent DD car).  One person was killed (the sole occupant of the two
carriages).

Chris