Re: Spam - Snow white

Chris wrote:

> I have been getting this every couple of days and probaby also people who
> have posted to this newsgroup.
>
> Does anybody know how do it prevent this shit from arriving in my inbox
> every second day?

Three things:

1/ Proactive - bugger up you email address a bit so that automatic address
grabbers can't get it;

2/ Reactive - report the spammer to their ISP.  Look in the headers of the
email to find their source IP address, do a "nslookup x.x.x.x" and send an
email to abuse@isp...  If enough people do that, the account *may* be
closed.

3/ Reactive - get some email filtering software and send all email
originating from that address to "trash".

    Method 2 is very rarely acted on.
    Method 3 works well, but spammers usually change their "address"
regularly anyway.

Cheers.

--
Peter Homann