Re: Kiama Downs makes bid for railway station

In article <MW796.55$NO2.6671@news0.optus.net.au>,
  dbromage@fang.omni.com.au (David Bromage) wrote:
> Kiama Downs residents are campaigning for a railway station to be
built in
> their suburb. Kiama councillor Warren Steel is at the forefront of a
push
> to have a station built on land adjacent to the pedestrian underpass
at
> the end of Oxley Dr, saying electrification of the rail line to Kiama
> presented a ``golden opportunity''.
>
> http://www.illnews.com.au/today/2048237.htm
>
> (Nice to see a pro-rail article in the Illawarra Mercury for a
change.)

That's news to me. I know that there is a very real possibility of a
station going in at Flinders (between Oak Flats and Dunmore) and
Dunmore being closed (although the layout will remain) but a station at
Kiama Downs I haven't heard about. Why don't they use Minnamurra.

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/