Re: [Melb] Citadis: Seat Layout

Wolfgang Auer wrote:

>  Mike
> and David, your xerocopies should arrive within the next few weeks :-)

Danke, Wolfgang! Sie sind immer zu nett.

> By the way, I should congratulate both Melbourne tram companies on
> ordering the Combino and Citadis types -- both are among those that I
> have heard mostly good things about!

The trouble I foresee with them in Melbourne, Wolfgang, is that they are
European trams designed for the ridership patterns of European cities.
All trams in Melbourne to date have been designed (and built) in
Melbourne for Melbourne conditions.

But this is what happens when you flog off your tramway system to
foreign operators!

> Best regards from Wien (Vienna, Austria),
> city of the not-too-fortunate Ulf tram type

Is there a problem with the ULF Wolfgang? I thought they were working
well. There was even a photo of one in a recent T&UT gliding through
heavy snow with no problems.

David McLoughlin
Auckland New Zealand