Re: [TAS] Penguin

If the focus is to be on Ross, which as you've said, is a better
tourist destination, why spend money on a triangle at Parattah ?

Wouldn't it be better to have a triangle off the loop at Ross and
invest in a station there- how many minutes further up the line is Ross
from Parattah ?

Cheers

Ben

> > Umm, great.  So much for local entrepreneurship . . . The point is
that
> > there actually needs to be something in these towns worth spending
> > money on for the station to be viable.
>
> The D.V.R. regularly attempt to convince the Parattah locals of that
exact
> point!!!!!
>
> > The money being spent on Parattah- they are apparently putting in a
> > triangle
>
> Incorrect - that is being done by the D.V.R. to allow its 'H' class 4-
> turn, when it finally gets rebuilt.
>
>  - I would invest in improving rail facilities further down the
> > line at Ross, which *is* actually a tourist-focussed town with
> > bakeries, restaurants, accommodation, nice old buildings, churches
and
> > a charming sandstone bridge.
>
> Correct - being done. A loop has recently been installed purely to
stable
> visiting D.V.R. and D.R.R. (Don River Rlwy.) excursion trains clear
of the
> Tasrail main.

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/