3D virtual railway modelling

If you can't wait for Microsoft's expensive Train Simulator (although it
will be nice), take a look at Rail3D. http://www.rail3d.ic24.net

Users can build their own networks (quite large), define timetables, drive
trains and define their own rollingstock. While it's mainly geared around
the British market (by virtue of the signalling), there is some Australian
rollingstock in the library. There is a nice QR 2800 and some excellent
Sydney trams.

Full 3D and cab views are under development.

And best of all, it's free!

If anybody gets enthused and starts designing Australian rollingstock and
layouts, let me know and I'll put a Rail3D page on RailPage to archive
them. I'm in the process of "kitbashing" an HST into an XPT.

Cheers
David