Re: [VIC] {RUMOUR} SGR to be sent packing?

In article <94rljr$ncg$1@otis.netspace.net.au>,
  "Steve Zvillis" <szvillis@netspace.net.au> wrote:
> I wonder what Russell Savage thinks about the thumbs down for the
Mildura
> Line???
> What a piss poor excuse - "poor quality line"
> I dont see any roads being denied upgrading because their "beyond
> salvation"!
> Maybe the cost for repairing the line should be billed to the Liberal
Party
> and National Party of Victoria!!

There are other problems. VLP does not have spare rolling stocks to
operate Leogatha and Mildura service at the moment. There are 5
sleepers store in Newport workshop but I doubt VLP have sufficient
locos.

Overnight service would over come slow running problem but won't be
very attractive to passengers travelling to Maryborough/St Arnaud as
the train would arrive around mid night/early morning. Overnight trains
also cost a lot more to operate then day trains.

--
Cheers

Railway Rasputin

remove <dot> to email