Re: Spam - Snow white

Michael McDonald <michael.and.colleen.mcdonald@xtra.co.nz> wrote in
article <uz6d6.2103$4a.67567873@news.xtra.co.nz>:

>Whoops ... sent reply to author instead of group!
>
>Contrary to what you have said, a virus/worm is most likely to come from
>someone you know, as the email address comes from the transmitter's
>address book.  The exception to this is where transmitter and receiver
>are part of a large organisation (thus very large address book).  I've
>had many cases of the latter on my work computer very recently, and the
>only viruses I have received on my personal computer have come from
>firends.

In my case, every single copy of this virus I have recieved has gone to
usenet.spam@gunzel.net and not my real address. I only post using
usenet.spam@gunzel.net when I'm posting to newsgroups. All mail to this
address gets filed to a mailbox named appropriately "spam". I've notice
some spambots though have been intelligent enough to post something to the
address minus ".spam".

M.

--
(To email me just remove ".spam" off my email address).

Whip me, Beat me, just don't Windows ME