Re: AS to DAR, its getting serious.

On Sun, 29 Apr 2001 21:49:14 +0930, Tell <telljb@ozemail.com.au>
wrote:

>Just got home from a long 12 hour shift and noticed an
>NT Government advertisement on commercial TV.
>The Chief Minister using tax payer funds (not just ours
>up here) but all Aussie tax payers, yes folks in case
>you do not know, you have/are/will be "subsidising" the
>Northern Territory to the tune of BILLIONS.
>
>Anyhow it was all about the AS to DAR railway.
>Otherwise known as the ADELAIDE to Darwin railway if
>you live in South Australia. :)
>
>The NT Chief was advising that this project is all go,
>it will be completed in 2003 and it will be carrying
>50,000 containers by the year 2009.!

Interesting that the consortium themselves were promising 100,000
containers after 3 years , now its down to 50,000 after 6 years .
I wonder where exactly the containers are coming from .

Ill let the rest of the readers work out how many trains are needed to
shift 50,000 containers per year .
I hope its per year and not 50,000 containers in 6 years.

MD