Re: Ghan Times (Melb / Adelaide

> Anyone know why the Ghan takes 11 hours 55 Mins from Melb to Adelaide
> , but only 10 hours from Adelaide to Melb ?
> Does it simply run slow ,or sit at some loop somewhere for a couple of
> hours .

Not only that, Ghan didn't make stops between Adelaide and Melbourne at all.
I never took the Adelaide-Melbourne Ghan but I took Melbourne-Adelaide Ghan
once. I noticed the train sit in the loop quite a few times.
Ghan also charge more for Melbourne-Adelaide portion in all classes.

> Using Overland times , the 10 hours seems the correct time.
During summer months I noticed the train can do 9 and 1/2 hours sometimes.
(arrives Melbourne Tottenham at 730-740 pm and sit there till XPT clear the
way)