Re: Heritage trams on Metro Light Rail system?

"Joseph Spinella" <jspinella2000@MailAndNews.com> wrote in message
3AFA0C28@MailAndNews.com">news:3AFA0C28@MailAndNews.com...
> Are they still thinking about building a shortened version of the Circular
> Quay route? I can't remember were I read this, but I think it was going to
> run
> a couple of blocks short of the Quay.

Not sure of the shortened version you refer to, but my understanding is that
whole issue of extending into the CBD toward the Quay won't be considered
until after the proposed east-west road tunnel connection under the city is
completed.  Don't know where that project is at, seems as though the whole
Transport portfolio is rather skint at the moment, with busway project miles
behind schedule, Parramatta - Chatswood railway becoming the Epping -
Chatswood line, etc.

> At the Sydney Tramway Museum, R1class 1951, was used for storing
pantographs
> on its roof. One pantograph looked similar to the ones used on the H cars
in
> Adelaide, and looked ok on that car.

Will have a look during my next visit to the STM, I guess that a half
pantograph would be more visually aesthetic than a full one, but would
prefer a bow collector if it's unable to use original style trolley poles.

Regards

David Bennetts