Re: Free trains in Sydney on Monday

Peter Homann wrote:

> Tezza wrote:
> >
> > No it works in capitalist countries too. It will never happen here though,
> > as Labor or Liberal couldn't sell a free public transport service.
>
> I must be too cynical, hence my previous post on the subject.
> Having another point of view, I can see that it probably would work,
> given political guts to make it happen.
> As I said, I am cynical and like you, don't believe that any of the
> major political parties would do it, and most of the minor parties seem
> to have other things on their minds.

Oh, and I don't believe that the media in general, certainly not the
popular media, would give balanced reporting if the issue were ever
suggested. I fear it would be scare-mongered out of existence, or just
put down as a vote-buying-but-not-going-to-happen election promise.

Bye

Pee Aitch

 Peter Homann
The light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off
until economic conditions improve.  Management.