RE: St.Albans rail crossing

None of which  means that the removal of level  crossings isn't a  Good
Thing
(tm).

I wouldn't for a moment suggest  that  St Albans is necessarily first on the
list, but grade separations (preferably lowering the rail not raising the
road) are a low cost, high benefit way to improve traffic flow, particularly
with the high frequencies the PTUA advocates. It also provides an
opportunity
to design a proper Canadian-style bus/rail interchange.

Vaughan

>Or people could just do what is clearly required of them by the road laws
>and from common sense, and not queue on the crossing. It's *not* hard to
>avoid it. We get huge numbers of trains at peak hour here in Glen Huntly,
>and people seem to manage.

Vaughan Williams
Secretary
Public Transport Users Association