Re: INNCORRECT train information in the Melbourne

"Rob Kearey" <mammal@optushome.com.au> wrote in message
3AE3E533.231A0FBC@optushome.com.au">news:3AE3E533.231A0FBC@optushome.com.au...
> Daniel Bowen wrote:
> > Actually I suspect for most people, putting the reply at the top avoids
> > readers having to scroll to see it.
>
> No, no, no! Naughty Daniel! Lay off the toxic custard!

<g>

> Having people scrolling past the quoted text is a *desirable* behaviour,
> as it gives them the opportunity to get the context of a posting without
> having down to see the quoted text, then scroll *up* to see the reply.

So Jeremy is arguing that answering at the bottom avoids scrolling; you're
arguing that it's forcing people to scroll and that it's a good thing? I
see!

> Why, one might as well suggest that posters use no quoted text for
> establishing context at all, and that way madness lies.

People who do that are *very* annoying.

> Top-posting is just Bad. When in doubt, I always turn to the Scripture:
>
> http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc1855.html

I like to use a mix of top, bottom and in the middle. Just to keep people on
their toes! :-)

Daniel
--
Daniel Bowen, Melbourne, Australia