Re: [SYD] Signals on the Metro Light Rail Line

On Fri, 20 Apr 2001 07:35:15 +1000, "Ted Gay" <tedgay@bigpond.com>
wrote:

>Yesterday the following signals were changed to LED units:
>
>Numbers 020 & 023 at Jubilee Park,
>Numbers 022 & 025 at Rozelle Bay.
>
>Due to the East/West axis of the line, both of these locations are subject
>to rising/setting sun light that made the old globe signals difficult sight.

Considering the age of the line is there any good reason why all the
signals aren't LED? I would have thought they would have been good for
all conditions and offered longer MTF's
 Ashley Wright, Canberra, Australia
 www:  http://www.ozemail.com.au/~ajwright