Re: TGV vans withdrawn from

----------
In article <ecmD6.1957$D4.190451@www.newsranger.com>, John Coyle
<John_member@newsranger.com> wrote:

>In article <3adae1f5@dnews.tpgi.com.au>, GE_U-Boat says...
>>
>If the TGV's are STILL in service, then QR management are telling OUTRIGHT LIES
>to me! And, they have done so,, IN WRITING! I was told that the vans have been
>withdrawn from service due to SAFETY reasons. If drovers are permitted to ride
>in the vans, IF they are still on the trains, WHY are "paying" passengers BANNED
>from travelling? When I pointed out that the trains are still running, so QR are
>missing out on revenue by not allowing passengers to travel, the response was
>the CLAIM about the vans being taken off the trains, altogether! Can anybody
>check this?

How about you give the SM at Emerald a call and see what he can do for you.
That's where I had to get my ticket last time I travelled to Yaraka. He's
more likely to know of a way around the problem than any one else in QR and
you have to book thru him at some stage anyway. You may have to become a
drover for the day!

Stuart Thyer
Photographer
University of Melbourne