Re: XPT's Reduced

Maurie Daly wrote in message <3ad94bc8.24118406@can-news.tpg.com.au>...
>I understand that the new XP power cars are 3000 HP.
>If so ,we will now have 5 & 6 car XPTs ,total trailing load of 300
>tonnes max pulled by 6000 HP worth of locos, total power of 20 HP /
>tonne.
>Is this much power really necessary??
>
>Something a bit wrong here.
>
>MD

Maurie is right.
For the extra horsepower you should be adding a carriage or two and
increasing the loading.  But I suppose this the Countrylink inverse logic at
work.

As for passenger crews most are reasonable , but I have struck a rather
nasty conductor who works on the Melbourne XPT, no people skills at all,
better off as a prison warder.  To top it off you have to pay money to put
up with him for at least 6 hours!  At least on an airline that type of
character you only have to suffer for an hour, and that is if he kept his
job with an attitude like he had!!

regards,

Grahame.