Re: South Coast trains from Central platform 25

Chris Stratton <stratton.chris.cp@NOSPAMbhp.com> wrote in message
9bg96c$5uj$1@gossamer.itmel.bhp.com.au">news:9bg96c$5uj$1@gossamer.itmel.bhp.com.au...
> My wife caught a train back to Wollongong from Sydney last Friday
afternoon
> and it left from Platform 25 at Central. I assume it was a V set as she
said
> the carriage number displayed inside was 9xxx (I can't remember the rest).
> Was this because of the Easter Show and would the train have started at
> Central or come from Bondi Jct?

It would have started from Martin Place. When there is a high frequency of
trains running into Sydney Yard e.g Easter Show Timetable they run the South
Coast services through the Eastern Suburbs Railway. It's just gives them a
little more time to focus on the Olympic Park services.

abp