Re: XPT in accident?

<kingpin1@ozemail.com.au> wrote in message
doakdtkfr8no5m19cbt5aloc6n980tjo21@4ax.com">news:doakdtkfr8no5m19cbt5aloc6n980tjo21@4ax.com...
> Yesterday arvo I saw XPT engine 2003 heading south from Hornsby wearing
quite a
> bit of gaffer tape on its nose cone.
>
> Has it had a recent accident that went unreported?

I think it was involved in an incident up on the North Coast where it hit a
tree that had fallen across the line. A picture at Sydney Terminal with all
of the black tape on it and a small story featured in, I think the SunHerald
a few weeks back. Countrylink said that it posed no safety risk and they
where just waiting the arrival of a spare nose cone before it would be
repaired.

abp