Re: [MELB] Trams Stops in Balcava x 12

Ted Gay <tedgay@bigpond.com> wrote in message
Gt6C6.2983$482.15302@newsfeeds.bigpond.com">news:Gt6C6.2983$482.15302@newsfeeds.bigpond.com...
> > I wouldn't think that would be an acceptable practice, for safety
> purposes.
>
> Why? the pole was swung round and therefore was trailling, how this would
> affect safety? please explain.

Why have 2 poles on a tram? :)  Obviously there is some reason, otherwise
they'd just use the same one, and turn as necessary :)

> > Wonder if he got permission first?
>
> Why would it be needed? again please explain.

In any unusual circumstances, we are supposed to contact Fleet Control and
inform them of what we plan to do, or get permission to do it.  This means
that the conversation has been recorded, and someone is aware of what is
happening. That way if something goes horribly wrong (!), we are somewhat
protected, well to some extent anyway.