Re: [NSW] Glenbrook & Granville

I don't see how on time running had any great bearing on
how a Bridge came to fall on a Train.

With Glenbrook on time running may have influenced the actions
of some of those involved but I see the Crash at Glenbrook
being more a failure of co-ordination.

The SRA and its sub organizations had in many cases duplicated
Management structures which meant that each organization had
different priorities.

Many Drivers from Freightcorp and City Rail will tell you
that a Glenbrook type of Crash was bound to happen.
It was a supprised to some that it Involved very experienced
train crews on both trains.

Every time I travel that section of track and pass the spot
where the collision occurred I can't help feeling sad and
angry at the same time.

The poor buggers that were killed and injured and their
families definitely deserve to have something positive
to come from it all.

Lets hope that the DOT and SRA can get their acts sorted
out.

John MacCallum