Re: ANZ on track to former tram depot

David Bromage wrote:

> The ANZ Bank looks set to take up nearly 14,000 square metres of office
> space at the former tram depot site on Kingsway in South Melbourne.
>
> http://www.theage.com.au/business/2001/04/11/FFXXJ9BJCLC.html

Reminds me that I read in an influential transit glossy recently that Yarra Trams are considering closing both Camberwell and Kew depots, and replacing them with a new depot in East Richmond on Bendigo Street (near the channel 9 studios), and constructing an access track North/South along Bendigo street to link to both the Swan Street line (for Camberwell depot routes) and up to Victoria Street (for Kew Depot routes).

I haven't heard this mentioned here - has anyone else heard of this one?