Re: Gold Coast Light Rail - a stupid question

Do you really think a light rail system would work?Wouldn't it slow down the
traffic. The bus system is fast, and modern. Surfside do a great job. A
monorail or overhead light rail system? Sounds like you're trying to build 2
cheap rail systems instead of one expensive one.

Narrow gauge A/C,  how much more"light rail" can you get? A 2 foot gauge run
on 12 volt D/C? Just joking. I'm a Mexican.

"James C." <james_ccj@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
3ad56b3a$0$25483$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au">news:3ad56b3a$0$25483$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au...

> > Why wasnt the Beenleigh to Robina rail line built via Southport, Surfers
> > Paradise, Broadbeach etc?
>
> Simple, the cost of course.
> By paying a visit to South Port/Surfers and you would know if GCR ever
built
> here it would have to go underground entirely from Helensvale all the way
> the end of the line. The cost of such route would be somewhere approaching
> 10 digit number.
>
> >Why build a railway from Beenleigh to the outback
> > then build a light rail to service it?
>
> Light rail can access more area , the urban develop of city of Gold coast
> was unfortunately never took railway into consideration, therefore it is
> hard to plan such railway line.  There wasn't anywhere you can build a
> railway line without budget blow out or oppsition from NIMBY. Therefore
GCR