Re: mel loop operation

DId you ever think that travel by train could have been seen as more
accessible and convenient if there where three more stations situated around
the CBD and therefore increase patronage......

John Wayman <trecker@bigpond.com> wrote in message
3ad3979a$0$25470$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au">news:3ad3979a$0$25470$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au...
> It wasn't dumb to build the loop, certainly for the Box Hill and Caulfield
> groups of lines. Trains used to spend 10 to 20 minutes most mornings
waiting
> for trains ahead of them clear the Flinders Street platforms.
>
> It was a mess that was only sorted out by the opening of the loop,
>
> Cheers
> John Wayman
>
> "Vaughan Williams" <ender2000@MailAndNews.com> wrote in message
> 3ADED0A4@MailAndNews.com">news:3ADED0A4@MailAndNews.com...
> > Well, the rapid decline in absolute numbers stopped, mostly (I think)
due

<dbowen@custard.REMOVE.net.au>
> > =====
> > >"Vaughan Williams" <ender2000@MailAndNews.com> wrote in message
> > >3AD7DF21@MailAndNews.com">news:3AD7DF21@MailAndNews.com...
> > >free
> time
> do.
> > >
> > >But didn't patronage jump in the 80s? That's supply-led growth,
Vaughan!