Re: South Coast Railway

"Dave Proctor" <daproc@spambait.ozemail.com.au> wrote in message
P96B6.144252$lj4.4453907@news6.giganews.com">news:P96B6.144252$lj4.4453907@news6.giganews.com...
> "Anita Lukaszyk" <neety@iprimus.com.au> wrote in message
> 3AD4E806.66D3B07C@iprimus.com.au">news:3AD4E806.66D3B07C@iprimus.com.au...
> > Peter Jones wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi,
> > >      I would like to know when does the South Coast line close Between
> Dapto
> > > and Kiama is it already closed?? (Obviously because of the
> > > Electrification.).
> >
> > http://www.cityrail.nsw.gov.au/upgrading/index.htm
> >
> > Keep checking on this page regularly. It should supply with closedown
> > details, etc.
>
> One would have thought it would already be on the website.
>
> Dave

What, CityRail being that organised Dave?  Come off it!  Recently,
travelling to the airport from Bowral on a Saturday, I was aware of
trackwork on the Southern Highlands line.  I enquired at the station three
days before, only to be told that there was a possibility of delays of 15
minutes or so, but otherwise trains would leave Bowral at the scheduled
time.  Fortunately I was at the station early that morning, for the
Endeavour train rocked in 10 minutes early.  Despite some unscheduled stops
en route, it reached Campbelltown on time.

Regards

David Bennetts