Re: Rail tragedy triggers review of crossings

"Al" <alpout@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
3ad39d24$0$25466$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au">news:3ad39d24$0$25466$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au...
| "Tezza" <tezza2000@dingoblue.net.au> wrote in message
| > "Paul Jones" <dj_wiseguy2@yahoo.com> wrote in message

| > | 19, 12 from nsw..
| >
| > But the cops are going to have a big blitz in the metropolitan area.
Hang
| > on, aren't most deaths in holiday periods country drivers in country
areas.
| > They wouldn't be revenue raising again would they.
|

| I thought most deaths were city people in country areas, not used to
| travelling at high speeds for hours on end, unfamiliarity with the road,
etc.

Last few reports I saw said country people in country areas, not far from
home. Either way, why are the blitzes always in city areas? Too expensive to
send the cops there? Not enough people to fine there?