Re: Darwin, Railways & Encarta 97

"stephen" <stephen@turboweb.splat.spam.net.au> wrote in message
xDK2NluHBVGg-pn2-z721Kdqq1Dln@localhost">news:xDK2NluHBVGg-pn2-z721Kdqq1Dln@localhost...
> I noticed yesterday that according to Encarta 97:
>
> "The city has a fine harbor and is a terminus of a railroad that runs
> north to south; it also has an international airport."
>
> Is Encarta out of date, or psychic?
>
> --
> Regards,
>
> Stephen

Just out of date.

It's just typical of Encarta's outdated views on railroads generally, the
writers look at the situation in the USA which has been in decline
generally, except perhaps for the Acela train, and extrapolate their views
to the world scene, ignoring what has happened in the world generally.

Wasn't Encarta the one which until recently still showed our old Parliament
House as the present one?

Regards

David Bennetts