Re: Skitube works trains

"David Bromage" <dbromage@fang.omni.com.au> wrote in message
3AD25880.F5E21319@fang.omni.com.au">news:3AD25880.F5E21319@fang.omni.com.au...
> There are plenty photos of the Skitube passenger trains, but does
> anybody have photos of works trains on the line? IIRC, they have a
> number of ex-NSWGR S trucks.
>
> Cheers
> David

Suggest you try the ARHS (ACT) - they have run a couple of excursions down
there and have had special movements done for them, no doubt some-one has
taken photos on these occasions.  Skitube also have a small diesel shunter
which can move empty stock around the depot area, and I believe it can get
just over the river, not being rack equipped it can't reach the tunnel.
Think I once saw a cut-down S-truck at Blue Cow, they're pushed up by the
train.

regards

David Bennetts