Re: Roll Call

Ok it must be my turn now.
Ok im Tom Devrell, 18 from Tamworth NSW.
My interest in railways started way way back in the early 1980s in the
Penrith area, my father was a conductor on all country trains and interstate
in the mid 1970s (excluding the big one the IP). Also two uncles that worked
in many locations eg- Sydney, Narrabri Werris Creek. One great uncle who was
a fettler in Tamworth for many years.
I guess you could say it is hereditary even my mother had a train set when
she was a childm, we are into model railways HO and have been to many train
shows (Tamworth, Armidale, many in Sydney and once or twice in Melbourne)!
Well my parents took me on many trains, electrics - sydney, diesel - sydney
to melbourne, sydney to Tamworth, and vice versa, and steam (zig zag, have
even seen 3801 up close).
We have followed many special runs eg 3801 and photographed.
I have ventured on my own recently going to Bomederry from Penrith and back
to Tamworth from Bomederry 1999/2000 Christmas holidays.
Have been to many places.
Worst time on train: not that I know off
Best experience: many times especially 1987 we went on the silver comet
around the yards in Sydney still got the tickets here some where......
I have a website that is railway related I got the idea for that from this
news group and many of the contributors and / or there websites that
inspired me to to start one as well.
It was'n that hard to because being a keen enthuiast and having some
knowledge and always gaining more knowledge is'nt that hard to gain -
regular reader of RD and AMRM and of cause this news group and people that
work(ed) with railways.
And also a keen photographer of railways, started a year or two ago
seriously got that from mum and dad as they did this very often.
Think that covers it all.

Tom Devrell
ICQ #37970733
railway related e-mail can be sent to me at gunzel3801@optusnet.com.au