RE: City loop issues - clarification

>Only problem I can see with this is that you would have trains going in both
>directions on both levels at loop stations. The advantage (and the ONLY
>reason I picked it) of having Burnley group is the fact it is on the same
>level as Northern group, so people travelling from Parliament to Museum (or
>Flagstaff) go to one level and just get the next train to arrive.

True.

OTOH if you need to change to a train going the other way around the loop
(say, you come in from the west and want to change at flagstaff to a train
going to spencer) you can do it cross-platform.

The more I think about it, the more logical it seems to have the group that
doesn't have direct trains (CHL) be the one that reverses direction around
the
loop.

Vaughan Williams
Secretary