Re: City loop issues - clarification

Stacy wrote:

> Guys guys!!!
>
> I think you have lost sight of the bigger picture..or at least what I was
> trying to say.
>
> Basically, the way the loop operates, in regards to it's bi-directional
> functionality, is to serve the majority of users well at the particular
> time.
>
> In other words, in the morning we can go direct to loop stations without
> enduring the recovery time at Flinders St, nor enduring the Jolimont crawl
> (for southern and eastern customers) or the viaduct crawl, before reaching
> our combined underground destinations.
>
> Same applies for the afternoon.

Stacy, this is what I have been saying in my previous postings that by
removing ** DIRECT ** Loop services from Burnley group (which carry more
commuters than other groups) in the morning peak, we will end up with
thousands of angry customers.  When this happens, the person who makes
such a change should come fully prepared (body protection is highly
recommended) and tell my customers that they have lost their morning
peak ** DIRECT ** loop services.  I'll certainly take a sickie on that
day to avoid the "confrontation".  Having endured a few similar
situations in the past (when there is train disruptions), I can assure
you that it is not a nice experience to go through.

> What I don't appreciate is the discrimination against Sandringham line
> customers. Ok, so there may not be enough slots for them to go via loop in
> the peak - but there is no excuse for not running them via the loop in the
> off peak windows. And for those of you saying their need to be direct
> trans from Richmond to Flinders in the AM, yeah I know - provision would
> need to be made for this.
>
> So - reintro city circle trains for all-day all-station access around the
> city loop, get Sandy trains to run via the loop where possible, while
> retaining direct Flinders St access...simple and easy - that's what really
> needs to happen.
>
> By the way, what is the Flinders - Spencer viaduct speed limit? And why
> does the
> infamous Jolimont crawl still exist...wasn't it supposed to dissapear
> when the stabling of trains there did??

When customers complained about train stopped between stations, I often
ask them, do you want to arrive at your destination in one piece?  It is
obvious that there is a train occupying the track section ahead.
Therefore you're stationary until the train clears.  Furthermore, with
the late running penalty (by the minutes) in place, the private
operators do not delay trains for no reason.  Afterall, safety is the
priority.