Re: Old Sydneham goods yard (NSW)

Talking about goods sidings I believe there are no active ones between
Strathfield and Hornsby (NSW) since the closure of the White Rose flour mill
at North Strathfield and the apparent disuse of the siding between
Thornleigh and Normanhurst.  No more 48 class with a few blacks, but in
later days an 80 Class sometimes with aluminium hoppers including the
occasional Vic Rail hopper. There is are a couple of other interesting
things of late on this section of line.  I notice the recently re-instated
up relief has fallen into disuse with rusty rails and a vigorous growth of
weeds.  Makes you wonder why they spent money re-opening it in the first
place.  At the up end of Concord West, between the down main and relief a
sizeable pine tree is growing.  Surely it will have to be cut down soon.
Also at this station I notice the steps on the new footbridge have been
dismantled on the Olympic Park side with all components stacked neatly on
site.  Is it intended to totally dismantle this footbridge?
Cheers
Rod Gayford

3acac4a4.6754161@news">news:3acac4a4.6754161@news...