Re: [NSW] CityRail Ticketing, Part II

As I understood from the previous thread on Morriset ticket purchases you can
buy the DayTripper as long as it covered travel to and from the station of
purchase.  That rules out Morriset as it's outside the suburban network, ie
beyond Cowan.

You can buy a CityHopper at Morriset as it's an addition to the Morisset-City
return ticket, allowing travel from the station of purchase.

This theory doesn't seem to apply for station to station travel extensions
however.  I've bought a ticket at Springwood covering return Kingswood to
Hurstville travel to extend travel on my Lawson-Kingswood weekly without
dramas (I produced my valid weekly to prove I had paid my fare to Kingswood).

Presumably there is little perceived need to sell DayTrippers at Morriset.
The universal advice I've received however from ticket sellers (and this
should apply equally to your DayTripper problem Al) is that I should by my
"extension" ticket at the 1st reasonable opportunity I get after I've gone
beyond the limit of my other ticket.  I've had no trouble with barrier staff
but have yet to encounter a ticket inspector - that's only a matter of time
however as I'm doing this once a fortnight and usually buying my ticket on
arrival at Hurstville as Hazelbrook's staff can't sell tickets, I can't buy it
the day before at Penrith and the TVM can't process this variation (shock,
horror, disbelief!).

Chris

3ac7f52c$0$25520$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au">news:3ac7f52c$0$25520$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au...