Re: Adelaide Freight question

"Erk" <erk@erkV69.au.com> wrote in message
news:3ac5da0e$1@news.iprimus.com.au...
> Hi
>
> I'm going to Adelaide next weekend and will have Thursday and Monday free
> (and possibly Friday) for gunzelling in the metro area of Adelaide. Which
> side will I see more freight trains, north or south?

If you have not encountered the might of double stacked trains heading out
west perhaps the islington area where the trains are made up. Venture
further north at Dry Creek you will encounter the loco maintain facility,
all within the metro area. The Two Wells area will provide good views of
double stackers out in open farmland in all their might. South east, the
Adelaide hills provide hill climbing action around the Belair, Mt Lofty
areas plenty of squealing and thumping action here, but not double stacked.
All in all you will wet your pants wherever you go.
Thommo