Re: [NSW] Underutilisation of rollingstock

Is there actually any sort of refurbishment going on at the moment apart
from the occasional installation of the a/c on the old K sets (and the
gluing of the hopper windows???)

"Tezza" <tezza2000@dingoblue.net.au> wrote in message
39d566ea$0$26660$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au">news:39d566ea$0$26660$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au...

| "Hubert Lam
| > From inspection of the 2000 Easter Show weekday working timetable (very
| > similar to the May 21 working timetable), ISTR many sector 3 G sets that
are
| > stabled either at Hornsby car sheds, the yard or North Sydney tunnels
from
| > late morning (say 11am) to mid afternoon (3-4pm).  This is also true to
many
| > sector 1 T/G and sector 2 S/R sets.
| >
| > We have heard before that CityRail has the lack of rollingstock to run
| > additional services. From what I have seen over the past two weeks,
there
| > has NOT been a lack of rollingstock (OK fair enough, some lines were
| > closed--but other lines had much higher frequencies than usual, e.g.
North
| > Sydney to Gosford (not even in normal timetable), Central to Olympic
Park
| > (very very high frequency).
| >
| > Was all this achieved because there were more drivers and guards during
this
| > period, cleaning of trains could be done at stations (rather than being
| > stabled/at yards), or is there something more sneaky to it?
|
| Nothing sneaky. Apart from what you've mentioned, they brought forward all
their maintenance and postponed other works to allow the
| extra trains to run. During normal off-peak times, there's no need to run
many trains as those that do run are usually empty or near