Re: Vic. Vline conductors Duties

In article <39d58047@dnews.tpgi.com.au>,
  "Spare" <grimegrime@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Does anybody know why you need to have year 12 to be a Vline train
> conductor,
Know basic skills, sufficient maths/English for this duty and cheaper
rate to hire by the company.

>and also what are the duties of a conductor,

Ensure safety of the passengers, look after departure/arrival.
Check and sell tickets, serve the customers(with a smile!). Would
probabily get trained to handle emergency situation like accident. And
maybe buffet car simple operation like microwave/cashier.Communication
with drivers, controls, stations. Maybe loading and unload luggages.

throw out druggies and people who somke on the train....(j/k)

>and what is their
> hourly rate of pay.
Not sure but I would say around 10-15$   ? ?

--
Cheers

RR3

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/