Re: deja

<antstig@my-deja.com> wrote in message 8qfjqd$lut$1@nnrp1.deja.com">news:8qfjqd$lut$1@nnrp1.deja.com...
> In article <39ca8fd1$0$5072$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au>,
>   "Tom" <gunzel3801@optusnet.com.au> wrote:
> > is there any other agency like deja, as a few people from here said
> they
> > slow. i now agree!
> > always need a backup system when not at home.
>
> There's Remarq (now under a new name which I can't remember but I'm
> sure you will be redirected) but you have to pay a fee to use them.

Sorry for the late reply (busy busy busy) but I use Giganews, a commercial
US news server, which I can access no matter which ISP I am dialled up
through (good for the slaptop) - costs $US10 a month (which is about
$A457,429,579,231 the last time I looked).

Retention is good (three to six months on text groups) and you don't get the
problem of synching different servers with different ISP's.

Dave