Re: [Melb] Tram advertising

"Michael" <usenet.spam@gunzel.net> wrote in message
8FBC8C750gunzelT333@139.130.239.94">news:8FBC8C750gunzelT333@139.130.239.94...
> David Lindstrom <D_Lindstrom@Bigpond.com> wrote in article
> <zm6A5.58872$c5.161707@newsfeeds.bigpond.com>:
>
> >How do they paint those giant pictures on the side of trams,
> >like the one on Z3 179 for the National Gallery of Victoria?
>
> Formerly, ads actually were painted onto trams. These days
most trams have
> large stickers placed on them instead. I believe the company
contracted for
> this is "BusPak".
>
> M.

The Gallery tram (Z3 179) has a reproduction of Tieplo's
"Banquet of Cleopatra" on either side. There's no way this was
painted on. It's some sort of gigantic photo. Where parts of it
extend over the windows there is enough space between the dots
to see out of the window if you're inside the tram.
Regards,
David Lindstrom