Re: NSW WL1 Indian Pacific 21/9

Today, Monday 25/09, WL-1 again ran to Redfern on the Up Main.  With a
scheduled 14:57 departure, this squeezes it between the 14:54 and 15:00
Olympic Park trains neatly.  The Up Olympic Park due Sydney 15:08 dropped
about 1 minute waiting near Illawarra Jctn.  WL-1 had two NRs and 17
vehicles including the leading motorail vehicle.

This seems to be the quickest way to get a long diesel-hauled train out of a
busy Olympics tram terminus.

Incidentally, I haven't seen much of the usual August / September "double
consist" IP. Has the five-ring circus decreased Adelaide / Sydney rail
travel?

Rgds

Bill