Re: 4GT/Millenium Trains and the DKT's, DKM's

David Johnson wrote in message <39CB5AEA.C59D3C1A@ozemail.com.au>...
>Barry Campbell wrote:
>
>> If the first century (and millenium) started in year zero, which it
>> logically must have, then the second millenium must have ended at the end
of
>> the year 1999.
>
>There was no year zero.  1 BC = 1 year before Christ.  1 AD = 1st year in
the
>presence of Our Lord. (Amini Domini  sp?)

Nor was there a 1BC or 1AD (Anno domini = in the year of our lord). The
whole scheme was worked out hundreds of years later by some monk. (See post
from David Bromage). My point is that there *should* have been a year zero
as it is absurd to go from minus 1 to plus 1 without zero between.

I alos refer anybody not totally pissed off with this thread to the
aforementioned post by DB and the quote from the Times of 26-12-1799 and say
as a consequence this is my last word on the subject.

Barry Campbell