Re: [NSW] - SMH reporting on Cityrail 15/9/2000

In article <39c34698$0$26533$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au>,
  "Tezza" <tezza2000@dingoblue.net.au> wrote:

SNIP
> I disagree. If a train had passed the signal at the end of the Olympic
> platform by a few feet, that is not serious. In fact most SPADS are
not
> serious.

Sorry Tezza, I disagree. All SPADs are serious because as I've already
pointed out the sudden jolt as the train is tripped could injure
someone old or disabled or even someone not expecting it. Once you pass
a signal at danger you set in motion a chain of events that could
potentially end in something very serious if procedures are not carried
out properly.

"Applying the Rule" as signals at danger is only carried out in the
event of signal failure or when it is imperative to get a train's nose
into a platform in order to detrain platforms during major delays. It
is also used by trains assisting defective trains.

Regards

Frank

> > on whose opinion was it regarded as not
> > especially serious?