Re: CR logo

Just to take it totally off topic:

Did CR ever vary their maroon and silver paint job, eg, promotional
schemes like the QR or NSW anniversary schemes ?  I've always been
tempted to model them but would like a few different coloured locos.

The NC2 shunter stayed green and cream but AFAIK it was never actually
used out on the line. Ditto for the black/blue 44 tonner.

Any other variations ?

Cheers

Ben

  "Chris Drymalik" <drymalik@arcom.com.au> wrote:
> They had a number of different logos over the years. Take a look at
my web
> site for the coat of arms logo used on the chinaware (it's the
background on
> the home page). They also used the Australian Coat of Arms a fair bit
(on
> GM's, CL's, Wegmann cars etc.). The early cars had a C.R. painted on
the
> side as did the locomotives. When the cars were painted chocolate the
C.R.
> letters were placed on a oval shaped board placed on the side of each
car.

> --
> Cheers
>
> Chris Drymalik - drymalik@arcom.com.au