Re: Freight Operations during the Olympics.

David & Julie Donald <dsjmd@hermes.net.au> wrote in message
39BF5582.F4502B78@hermes.net.au">news:39BF5582.F4502B78@hermes.net.au...
> Does anyone know what freight traffic is operating during the Olympic
period,
> especially on the Main.  I appreciate that there is this four-hour window,
but
> have WTT's been issued, or is any other information available ??

I have heard secondhand, that any N.R services will require additional locos
when passing through Sydney. e.g. a service that is now rostered with 2 NRs
will now have 3, in case of a failure. This is perhaps why GNRs 22 and 27
have been sent north in view of motor power shortages??
Regards
Thommo