Re: Stepbacks and Meal Reliefs

In article <39bec14f$0$26514$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au>,
  "Tezza" <tezza2000@dingoblue.net.au> wrote:
> Cityrail Drivers get a paid 20minute "crib" break, plus a minimum 5"
each
> side walking time.

What! How do you manage to have time to eat your grub? We moan if we
only get 30 mins for grub plus walking time. We don't get paid for
those 30 mins but in reality as I've said our grub breaks can be
between 40 mins up to 90 mins (very rare).

> > Also with stepbacks,
>
> What's a stepback?

A stepback is when you get off one train and pick up another train. It
is not a meal relief, just a change of trains. Stepbacks usually have a
twenty to thirty minutes gap between them.

> >what is the average time between picking up your next train
>
> Couldn't possibly work it out. Anywhere from 5" to 4'
>
> >and how often do you have to pick up a train in the opposite
direction?

> That'd probably be close to 50%.

That must cause problems if trains are running late.

Regards

Frank

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.